Sunday, February 7, 2010

I see it a lot especially here on campus related to the reading “Why are all the black kids sitting together in the cafeteria.” On campus you see a lot of ethnicities together in lots of groups. In classes you see a lot that many kids sit with people from their same ethnic background. You see a lot of African American students sitting together and whites and Middle Eastern ethnic backgrounds all in groups and hanging out together. I think it happens just because that’s who we may feel most comfortable around. I mean you don’t always see just these groups together all the time, you see a lot of other ethnicities hanging out together too. Again, I think we just like hanging out with people were comfortable with and we don’t like to create a tension or just feel awkward between another ethnicity if were around someone who doesn’t make us feel normal.
The third reading called “Censoring Myself” just seemed like a waste of my time to have to read that women’s work. She goes off and starts criticizing our president for wanting to imprison people that were thought to be terrorist. Her remarks show exactly why she’s writing a worthless and stupid writing and why she’s not the president. I know it’s just her opinion, but why would we risk more attacks from terrorists when we know the history of how people from that part of the world are and how they are sometimes known to be terrorists. I don’t see how she can criticize someone who know a little bit about what he’s doing when she went to school for writing. I just totally disagree with everything this woman has to say but I guess that’s just how I feel about things and look at the topics she talks about.

No comments:

Post a Comment